In this post, and its sequels, I share my game ideas with the hope that they inspire someone to make a beautiful mobile game.
The increasing use of smartphones has greatly lowered the entry barrier for video game developers: games can be developed by two – or even one – man teams; development tools are easier to obtain and use. Almost anyone can develop a video game (mostly mobile games) these days.
I have a passion for video games and I’ve often dreamt of creating a game myself (I have made a couple of pen-and-paper RPGs, though). Now, I can realize that dream except…
I’m lazy! I develop game ideas but I’ve never developed a game. I believe there are people out there who need game ideas and are not lazy so I’ve decided to stop being selfish and share. Every week, starting this week, I’ll publish a new mobile game idea. Here’s the first:
TITLE: Wind Rider, Sky Surfer
Use a glider to ferry messages between locations. Ride mild drafts of air; evade powerful guests. Race against time.
The game is set in a fantasy version of ancient South America, specifically in the Andies.
Beat the time for each level to move to the next level.
- Different bodies of air with varying intensities; from mild drafts to tornadoes!
- Projectiles fired from the ground (in some levels).
- Other riders (in race levels).
- Touch left and right controls to turn left or right respectively. There are no controls for forward or backward movement.
- Ride a draft to move in the direction its flowing e.g ride forward-flowing drafts to move forward.
- Ride up-drafts to gain altitude. The glider loses altitude, steadily, as it moves.
- Tap a location to visit it.
I apologize for the lack of diagrams: I am a graphic design noob. I’m working on the diagrams, though, but don’t expect anything visually-appealing, soon.
If you think this game is cool or less, do let me know; don’t spare any comments – I promise to read them all!
Sources of inspiration: